Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting in woody: crash

Hi,

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Georgi Georgiev wrote:

> Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xcd8)!
> > (in the console)
> >
> > And after this, some seconds after, application "segmentation fault", etc.
>
> Not a gnomemeeting problem here, but I had a similar situation with xmms. I
> recently upgraded to xfree86 4.3 (distro is gentoo) and xmms started giving
> me this message when I was trying to use its alarm plugin
> <URL:http://www.snika.uklinux.net/index.php?show=xmms-alarm>
>
> Recompiling xmms didn't help either.
>
> I hope this can give a pointer about where to look for the problem? xmms
> without the plugin activated works just fine.

Yes, I have read in internet (some mailing list, gnomemeeting for example)
that is a problem with xfree and threads (xlibs and threads). My versions:

ii  xlibs          4.2.1-0woody1  X Window System client libraries
ii  xfree86-common 4.2.1-3        X Window System (XFree86) infrastructure
ii  xserver-xfree8 4.2.1-3        the XFree86 X server
ii  xlibs-dev      4.2.1-0woody1  X Window System client library
development f

Any --gtk-debug, --gdk-debug, etc. that can help?

Thank you very much!

(now I will try with -d X... but I think that -d is for communication
debug)

--
Carles Pina i Estany
	carles pinux info || carles pina salleURL edu