Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] autoconf problems with current snapshot

Le mer 07/05/2003 à 20:53, Harald Welte a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Please forgive me if I'm trying to do something obviously stupid,
> but although I'm a linux developer, I have no idea whatsoever about
> GUI's, gnome, etc.

No problem :)

> I'm currently trying to get gnomemeeting compiled, but it already
> fails at the autogen/autoconf/automake stage.
>
> System: Debian Woody 3.0 on PPC (dual G4 450MHz)
>
> gnomemeeting-2003-05-07.tar.gz

You need OpenH323 and PWLib from CVS, but as their CVS has changed
recently, I think it is better to wait for me to readapt GnomeMeeting
consequently for the new API.

> autoheader2.50: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in
> Running automake --gnu  ...
> Running autoconf ...
> configure.in:5: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE

apt-get install automake

> configure.in:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
> configure.in:9: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
> configure.in:11: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_INTLTOOL

apt-get install intltool

> configure.in:13: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
> configure.in:54: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2

apt-get install libgconf-dev

> configure.in:246: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_SDL

apt-get install libsdl-dev

> configure.in:387: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT

apt-get install gettext

> configure.in:419: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL

Not sure about his one...

> Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-compile-warnings ...
> checking build system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking host system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking target system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
> ./configure: line 1335: syntax error near unexpected token `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(gnomemeeting,'
> ./configure: line 1335: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(gnomemeeting, 0.97.0)'
>
> -- snip --
>
> Is there any hint on which version of gnomemeeting I should be using, if
> I want to use a video1394 camera on a debian 3.0 powerpc system?

You should use CVS, but it is still very tricky. OpenH323 just moved to
autoconf, and I should now be using that into GnomeMeeting too. Problem
is that I need to patch their new system to be coherent for AVC/DC 1394.

So there are no clear instructions for now on how to do it.

--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>