Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 2.4 Proposed Modules - GnomeMeeting

Andrew Sobala wrote:

No. I don't have a microphone and nobody I know uses audio-type chat.
That's the point.
I am a bit skeptical of the above statement. They probably call them "phone calls" rather than "audio chat" though :) When evaluating a piece of software like GnomeMeeting, remember that it is not just another IM solution.

With the appropriate hardware, you can set up a gateway that lets GnomeMeeting make and receive normal phone calls. This increases the number of people you can communicate with to a level way above any IM client.

Telephony hardware is at a price where companies can start considering VoIP and telephony gateways as a replacement for PBX systems. In a situation like this, a tool like GnomeMeeting would be as important as your telephone.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/