[GnomeMeeting-list] (no subject)

Hello

I run SuSE 8 Pro. I've just installed the three /latest/suse/Suse_8.0 rpms
from Gnomemeeting's dowload site. When I tried to start GM from KDE, I got
the following error message:

>GM got 0 for the GConf key "apps/gnomemeeting/gconf_test_age", but 24 was
>expected.
(clip)
>Using "gnomemeeting-config-tool" could help you fix this problem.

I tried the FAQ first. $ chmod -R 4755 /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/ gives
the following:

> # chmod -R 4755 /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/
> #chmod: getting attributes of `/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults': No such file
or directory

As non-root I get exactly the same message.

As root, I unsuccesfully ran gnomemeeting-config-tool with both the
--install-schemes and with the --fix-permissions options.

Is this a SuSE problem? I'd downloaded all of GNOME2 for SuSE Linux 8.0 they
have in their SuSE Linux GNOME Service, but I can't run Gnome. If I try to, I
get the following error message:

>Could not resolve the adress
>"xml:readonly:/etc/opt/gnome/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory" in the configuration
>file "/etc/opt/gnome2/gconf/2/path": Failed.
>Could not make directory "/etc/opt/gnome/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory".
>Permission denied.

Starting GM from the console gives the following:

>pablo linux:~> gnomemeeting
>Your bonobo-activation package is newer than version 1.0.2
>Trying normal start. If this "hangs", try specifying -avoid
>as the first parameter to gnomemeeting.
>pablo linux:~> gnomemeeting -avoid
>Avoiding bug in bonobo-activation-server ...
(I then get the first error message)
>pablo linux:~>

If it is not a SuSE problem, what should I do? I do not want to revert to the
outdated version of Gnomemeeting SuSE ship with SuSE 8, although it worked.

Thanks.