Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Audio probs with RH8.0

Le ven 28/03/2003 à 11:26, Mikael Böhm a écrit :
> Hello
>
> Sometimes my sound work with gnomemeeting, sometimes not. I always here
> other people speak, but they can't here me. This is also detected with
> the config.druid.

This indicates a full-duplex problem. I guess that you are using a non
full-duplex audio driver. Some OSS drivers are not full-duplex, I
suggest you to install and use ALSA. For some reason, RedHat doesn't
ship with ALSA despite the fact that ALSA will replace OSS in the 2.6
kernel.

I think that you can find ALSA RPMs for RH on freshrpms.net, but I can't
really help you to install them as I'm not using RH.

Another way to workaround that problem is to buy a webcam that contains
an internal microphone usable with GnomeMeeting life for example the
Logitech Quickcam PRO 3000 or 4000, or the Philips ToUCam Pro.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org