Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] simple questions

Le mer 26/03/2003 à 14:54, Gustavo Homem a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I am using gnomemeeting 0.93.1 from mdk 9.0 contribs and I have several
> problems. I am behind a linux firewall.
>
> From the FAQ:
>
> " The easiest way to make GnomeMeeting work behind a NAT/PAT gateway is to
> install GnomeMeeting 0.94 or newer, to enable IP translation and to forward
> the required ports to your internal computers. "
>
> It is *easier* or *necessary* to use 0.94 ?

It is necessary if you want to use IP Translation and port forwarding.
It is the easiest way to proceed, but other ways exist (Gatekeeper usage
for example).

> My iptables configuration seems to forward the appropriate ports:

[...]

Simple port forwarding is unuseful without IP Translation.

> The problems I face are:
>
> - I can't call most ils users: it just says "call completed ESD resumed"
> - When I can call someone we can write and he can see me, but I can't see him
> (altough there are no error messages, and remote video is enabled but I see
> nothing but the gnomemeeting logo)
> - sound doesn't work (but I think my /dev/dsp doesn't allow multiple openings,
> so I'll solve this afterwards)
>

> -The mandrake packages on the gnomemeeting website do not indicate which mdk
> distribution they were made for. In fact I tried to upgrade my with rpm -Uvh
> and they broke my system: cpio errors, in openh and gnomemeeting package.

They are for Mandrake 9. They shouldn't break the system, I don't
understand how they could break it actually.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org