Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Problems connecting to Netmeeting machines from gnomemeeting

Le mar 11/03/2003 à 21:23, Steve Rifkin a écrit :
> Damien, Can you stop by and help me set up this thing?  I'll get you a beer! ;-)

;-)

> Seriously, I guess I'm confused as to what I'll need to forward, then.  I've got
> H.245 Tunneling activated at my end.  And it sounds like I need to activate the
> 30000-300010 ports.  I'm trying to find some docs (I've looked in the FAQ)
> regarding what purpose the 30000-series ports are for, but I can't seem to find
> that info.

30000-30010 are used for the H.245 Channel. If you are using the H.245
Tunneling, you don't need them, except for Netmeeting as Netmeeting
doesn't support H.245 Tunneling.

If your router natively supports H.323:
- disable H.245 Tunneling, disable Fast Start, disable IP Translation,
do not forward ports, only allow them

If your router does not support H.323:
- do what you want with H.245 Tunneling and Fast Start, forward all
ports from the FAQ (if they are cited, there is a reason;) ), enable IP
translation

> I will have to find out if my cable router natively supports H.323 (although, I
> didn't see that support listed in my router's manual.  If it *is* supported in
> the router, I will need to disable H.245 Tunneling, correct?  If it *is not*
> supported, I need to enable H.245, yes?

See above. H.323 support might be cited as "Netmeeting support".

> In which case, then, should I activate Enable IP translation?  Is that going to
> be only useful for connecting with Netmeeting users?  If IP translation is
> disabled, I'm still able to communicate with gnomemeeting users.

See above. IP translation is needed for both Netmeeting and GnomeMeeting
users.

> All this to chat with Netmeeting.  Any changes I make for access to Netmeeting,
> I hope, do not change my ability to talk to gnomemeeting users, as that part is
> working (at least only when I initiate the call... but that's for another
> e-mail.)

No, both should work.

> Regarding the connection actually working once, Damien mentioned that it depends
> on how the call was initiated.  When the connection to Netmeeting did work, I
> initiated the call the same way as when it didn't.  I called up the address to
> the remote machine on gnomemeeting and clicked the Call button.
>
> Nothing (obvious) changed between the time it worked and the rest of the time
> that it did not.

It depends how channels are initiated. You can initiate outgoing
channels even if the call comes in.