Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems connecting to Netmeeting machines from gnomemeeting

Le mar 11/03/2003 à 19:26, Steve Rifkin a écrit :

> I have  had several successful calls to other Gnomemeeting users.
>
> When attempting to connect to a user who is using Netmeeting 3.01 (Windows
> 2000), I receive the following error about the remote site's attempt to
> answer my call:
>
> "could not find common codec with remote party"
>
> It was suggested that I install the MS-GSM from the gnomemeeting.org site onto
> the Win2K netmeeting box.
>
> Actually, what is on the gnomemeeting.org site (that I could find) was the GSM
> codec... it didn't explicitly say MS-GSM.  But, I found it under the
> Netmeeting/GSM packages, so I figure it's the correct one.
>
> I installed it on the Win2k machine (with netmeeting shut off).  I then brought
> netmeeting back up, and it did show the gsm codec now active.
>
> At the gnomemeeting box, I called the netmeeting remote site... it could answer
> this time!  Success!  Well, not really.  The connection dropped after about 2
> minutes.  When I tried to connect again, I once again got the "could not find
> common codec with remote party" error.  But, I confirmed that the gsm codec was
> still on the win2k netmeeting.

Install GnomeMeeting 0.96.1, and try again. I fixed a bug in 0.96.0
which could explain the problem.

> I restarted netmeeting.  And I confirmed the gsm codec was still configured into
> netmeeting.  Then, I restarted gnomemeeting (on the linux box), and still, when
> I connect to the win2k box, I get the same error as above.
>
> So, it worked once... but that's all.
>
> I set up another Win2k box to use the gsm codec.  It never answered the
> gnomemeeting calls at all without producing the error.
>
> Any ideas?

Not really, I just tried again here and it works fine.
You can also try to enable G.711 in netmeeting.

> The win2k machines have both been set for LAN network connections.
>
> The gnomemeeting machine is behind a cable router (with firewall), but I'm able
> to connect with gnomemeeting users when I initiate a call.

Ah, that can be a source of problem. Have you read the FAQ and are you
sure and certain that things are correctly configured ?