Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] PCVC675K webcam problem

Le sam 08/03/2003 à 14:17, Adrian Golumbovici a écrit :
> Since I've been having some linux driver problems with my Creative Webcam GO
> I switched to a kernel supported one (subj.). It worked just fine under
> Mandrake Linux 8.2 (including gnomemeeting 0.96), but now as I upgraded to
> Mandrake Linux 9.1 RC2 I get an error from gnomemeeting. It says that my cam
> doesn't support the YUV420P format and that I should check the pwc kernel
> module specification to see what it supports and use gconf to specify the
> supported mode. I have no clue whatsoever how to find out the camera / pwc
> module capabilities.:) Can anyone give me an idea on this one?

That is a bug recently introduced in the PWC module. It reports an error
when setting YUV420P, reporting that it doesn't support VGA size. But
GnomeMeeting didn't request the size yet :)

I've mailed the author about it, the current workaround is to load the
pwcx module.
--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>