Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Logitech quickcam pro 3000 and can't open /dev/dsp1 for recording

Hi,

I recompiled the kernel now with the oss modules for i810 , no alsa
drivers and usb audio.
The wizard doesn't give me any errors anymore but the sound is terrible.

The bas sound is not related to gnomemeeting as the sound is the same with
redirection of dsp1 to dsp.
The sound is , well I sound a bit like a cartoon character :-)

I was thinking of some hardware/driver conflict ?

This machine has also irda, eepro100 (ethernet) and other devices.
Sound of the i810 oss is ok (with mp3) also external mic works (sound ok).
But the driver is not full duplex.

I am wondering now what I can try next. Is this a problem with the machine
(thinkpad a31), bios or should I look at disabling devices/drivers ?
Or something else ?

The used kernel is a 2.4.20 (with patches) + pwc (upgraded to 8.10 instead
of standard in kernel) + compression module.

Regards,

Christian