Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Logitech quickcam pro 3000 and can't open /dev/dsp1 for recording

ok , I will give it a try this evening (don't have the webcam attached at
work:-)).
And as soon as it works I will post my config here.
So anyone can benefit from it. (from my sleepless nights ;-))

Regards,

Christian

gnomemeeting-list-admin gnome org wrote on 03/03/2003 11:50:58:

> Le lun 03/03/2003 à 11:42, Christian Nabski a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for you very quick reply !
> >
> > So I need to disable the alsa usb driver in the kernel add a few
> > corresponding lines for the quickcam pro 3000 in /etc/modules.conf ?
> > I have now the alsa i8x0 part AND alsa usb audio (no oss) as modules
> > enabled in my kernel config.
> > Something like :
> >
> > #Webcam
> > alias char-major-81-1 pwc
> > #Webcam audio part
> > alias sound-slot-1 audio
> > alias sound-service-1-0 audio
> >
> > I presume I can keep the alsa part for the soundcard ? or even use the
oss
> > drivers if I want to ?
>
> Keep the ALSA part for the soundcard but use the OSS driver for the USB
> module. It doesn't work with ALSA because PWLIB is trying to open the
> device in +rw, but ALSA only permits to open it in +r. I'll have a look
> at this problem. Anyway, OSS works great for the camera USB microphone.

<snipped rest of message>