Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Logitech quickcam pro 3000 and can't open /dev/dsp1 for recording

Hi,

Thanks for you very quick reply !

So I need to disable the alsa usb driver in the kernel add a few
corresponding lines for the quickcam pro 3000 in /etc/modules.conf ?
I have now the alsa i8x0 part AND alsa usb audio (no oss) as modules
enabled in my kernel config.
Something like :

#Webcam
alias char-major-81-1 pwc
#Webcam audio part
alias sound-slot-1 audio
alias sound-service-1-0 audio

I presume I can keep the alsa part for the soundcard ? or even use the oss
drivers if I want to ?

Btw I use the 8.10 pwc modules and the pcwx compression modules. (patched
kernel for 8.10)

Thanks again and hope I can solve this :-)

Regards,

Christian

> Hi,
>
> Do not use the ALSA USB Audio module, but the OSS one for your webcam
> only (modprobe audio instead).
>

> Le lun 03/03/2003 à 11:20, Christian Nabski a écrit :
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have been struggling for days now to setup gnomemeeting with my
hardware
> > configuration and if  anybody can a shed a light on this I would be
very
> > greatful.
> >
> > My setup :
> > - IBM Thinkpad A31
> > - Linux distribution Redhat 8.0 with a 2.4.20 kernel.
> > - Sound card is detected as intel8x0.
> > The card works with oss and alsa drivers and also worked with standard

> > kernel and oss drivers.
> > I currently am using the alsa drivers compiled within the kernel
(patched

<snipped rest of mail>