Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting cannot open video device

Le sam 21/06/2003 à 11:08, Christian Bartels a écrit :

> > I think he is using the rpm provided by SUSE, with less
> > functionnalities, including this one...
>
> no. gentoo linux is a source-based distribution. so i compiled gm.

Are you sure GNOME support was compiled in?
Is the "Configuration Druid" menu item grayed out or not?

There is nothing we can really do for your webcam, it simply doesn't
support any of the sizes that GnomeMeeting is trying to use: namely
QSIF/SIF/CIF/QCIF. That's probably a driver bug to reject all sizes.

You can workaround those bugs by editing the file
pwlib/src/ptlib/unix/video4linux.cxx and add a hint for your camera to
force a specific size. (There are already examples there).
--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>