Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting cannot open video device

Hi Christian,

> when i start gnomemeeting it says, that the video device /dev/video0 could not
> be opened. but the cam is installed successfully and i can use the cam with
> xawtv. (with /dev/video0)
> why cannot gnomemeeting use my webcam?

if the xawtv can show the video feed cleanly, you should exit xawtv and
make sure the device isn't locked before running GM.. that way GM should
find the device cleanly and be able to make proper use of it.

if the error is "cannot open device" there must be some sort of program
still holding an active connection to it.. if the error is elsewise,
please provide us the proper text.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian