[GnomeMeeting-list] odd audio failure part 2

it's me again and i'll provide a brief recap of the problem.

we have three people involved in this problem; bill, don, jeff.  all are able
to get gnomemeeting to configure properly (they can see and hear themselves).

local lan test
bill can receive video and audio from don on bill's local lan.
likewise don can receive video and audio from bill on bill's local lan.
jeff can receive video and audio on his local lan between two computers (one
using netmeeting and one using gnomemeeting).

internet test
bill receives video and audio over the internet from jeff
don receives video and audio over the internet from jeff  (at bill's place).
jeff only receives video over the internet from computers at bill's place
(the above are testing gnomemeeting to gnomemeeting)

bill receives video and audio from jeff
jeff receives video and audio from bill but the connection is for gnomemeeting
at bill's computer talking to netmeeting on jeff's computer.

no changes in network configuration (firewall/router) have any beneficial
impact on the above.  we have had jeff configure his end to expose his
machine to the internet without benefit of firewall/router protection and
still things didn't work.  called netgear and they suggested i enable UPnP
on my system.  don't see why it should work but we tried it.

so, the idea was to have don try connection to bill's machine over the internet
and see what happens (due to my work schedule most testing involving me must
wait until the weekend).  we tried this on saturday and the result was that
we connected with no problems other than the usual configure stuff.  so, we
tried to get don to connect to jeff's computer and he experiences the same
problems from his place (don's).  don can get video and audio from jeff's
system but jeff only gets video, no audio, from don's computer.  even with
UPnP enabled on my computer it didn't work.  i didn't think UPnP was the
answer but was willing to try.

this sounds like a firewall/router issue and not gnomemeeting.  at this point
we don't have much of an idea why jeff's system fails when he uses gnomemeeting
but works with netmeeting over the internet.  i have a hunch that his
firewall/router isn't doing the right thing when he changes the configuration.

we will try some more things to get this working but i figured i owed it to
the group to keep them up to date.  i don't think this problem needs to be
looked at from the group anymore but if you have an idea we would be very
happy to hear from you.  my work schedule prohibited me from doing much
with the system until saturday so i was unable to take advantage of the
generous offer to help debug this problem with group members.  however,
i do thank you for the offer.

thanks for your patience and assistance.
bill