[GnomeMeeting-list] Running GnomeMeeting on Knoppix / how to make /dev/phone0?

I am able to run GnomeMeeting from a standalone cd
distribution called Knoppix (www.knoppix.net)  As long
as I start the live cd distro with the "knoppix alsa"
parameter, gnomemeeting starts up and logs in as
expected, using /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer as the audio
hardware.

However, I have a Quicknet Linuxjack card in the pc I
am using, and I want to set it up so that I can use
the phone card for my audio hardware.  I am able to do
a "modprobe ixj" command, and the driver reports as
confirms this.

My problem is that the /dev/phone or /dev/phone0
devices are not detected by gnomemeeting.  I googled
this problem, and it looks like the recommendation to
create the device is:

mknod /dev/phone0 c 100 0

This command runs without errors, and appears to
create a /dev/phone0 device, but it still is not
detected by GM (i.e. dsp is the only option for an
audio device).

When I get this working properly, I will create a FAQ
and post it on the knoppix website.  I think it will
be a great way to easily create a "test pen" h.323
without having to install anything on a hard drive,
compile any drivers, etc.

Thanks in advance,

~paul