Re: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] XML Hack?

Le lun 27/01/2003 à 00:50, N P a écrit :
> thank you for answering!
> first: I startet this thread because I understood the FAQ this way that
> it is not possible on any server that netmeeting users can see me. Is it
> on seconix possible? I thout that the only way to make me visible to

Yes, because the server returns all results.

> them is this xml-hack. so I startet this thread to search for someone
> who have done this.
> It was not my intention to make u call gnomemeeting, ms-netmeeting!
> sorry! I only think that gnomemeeting is using a ms "standart"(ILS) for
> videoconferencing and that this is by my opinion not fully implementet
> if netmeeting users can't see me! because I think the most people use
> netmeeting. well I ever try to give may best when programming and try to
> make everything possible whats not against ethiks. so why not letting
> gnomemeeting identify itself as what it is, and then, when it's refused,
> making it identify again as netmeeting? I have no idea of any reasons
> that speak against this technical compromise!?

Because if we do so, we have to identify GnomeMeeting as ms-netmeeting
on all ils servers except ils.seconix.com. We don't know if it is legal,
and breaking the identification of GnomeMeeting and renaming it in
"Microsoft Netmeeting" just because Microsoft decided to only list
Netmeeting clients is IMHO not the right way to fight against Microsoft
monopole. I don't even know if usurpating Netmeeting's identity is
legal.

As a small summary:
- if you use ils.seconix.com, you can see all registered users and they
can see you
- if you use another ILS server, you can see all registered users but
Netmeeting users can not see you, GnomeMeeting users can.

I don't consider this as a problem. Morevover, if we make GnomeMeeting
identify itself as ms-netmeeting, all GnomeMeeting users will look like
Netmeeting users, a bit sad no?