Re: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] XML Hack?

> - either you can connect on the ILS server of GnomeMeeting users and ask
> to the people you know using Netmeeting to connect there too
> - or you can modify the xml files used to register to ILS servers, no
> precise manual has been written for that, and we *do not* intent to
> write one because none of us is interested in registering to Netmeeting
> servers, they are full of porn, and spam. If you are really interested,
> you will need to learn by yourself how to do it.

There are also other reasons for wanting to be visible to NetMeeting
users.  In my case, I have set up an internal ILS directory for my
company.  We don't want to be listed on ay external directories.  Our
techies want to use a Linux client, but the management wants to use
NetMeeting.

At first, I was modifying the ILS registration XML file on GnomeMeeting
clients, but then found it easier to modify the ILS server to ignore
NetMeeting's filter during its search request.

The problem I've been having is that the GnomeMeeting clients have been
registering their IP address as "1234567890".  I see that ils.seconix.com
corrects it, but I haven't figured out how to make my ILS server (which is
based on OpenLDAP) do it.  I'm hoping that this bug is fixed in 0.96.

Les