[GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting 0.94.1 fails to transmit sound under Suse Linux 8.1--The Solution.

I switched the OS from Suse 8.1 to Mandrake 9.0 and installed Gnomemeeting 0.93 from the Gnomemeeting.org download page.
Everything came up working perfectly "right out of the box."
Many thanks to everyone who works on the Gnomemeeting Project for a great and essential piece of software. Being able to comunicate
without having to reboot to Windows is a great convenience to me.

Andrew Carson

PS The testing under Suse 8.1 was done with (A) and (B) (my wife and I) communicating with (C) where C was using netmeeting.
With A  communicating with C ,  A could  hear sound but C could not.
With B communicating with C,  B could hear sound but C could not.
With A communicating with B neither A nor B could hear sound.
C's conferencing software was known to work.
It is for this reason that I concluded that A and B were not transmitting sound.
On further checking, the problem appeared to be that Suse 8.1 was not able to accept microphone sound input for Broadcast2000 either,
so I concluded that the problem was not with Gnomemeeting. Switching to Mandrake 9.0, which also serves my other Linux needs, proved to be an acceptable
solution.

I record this story in case other people have trouble with Gnomemeeting under Suse 8.1 Perhaps this combination  can be made to work, but I was unable to do
so, even after considerable effort.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
OLD PARTS OF THIS THREAD:
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I'm not sure I understand your mail. You tell us :
- A and B communicate
- A and B can receive sound and video
- A and B cannot transmit sound and video

How can you be sure you are able to receive if the remote user is unable
to transmit?

If I had to guess your problem, I would say that you don't have problems
to transmit but that the problem is on reception.

You don't give enough information yet to debug the problem but:
- Are you behind a NAT gateway or router or is it a direct connection to
the Net ?
- Are you firewalled or not ?