[GnomeMeeting-list] esd audio quality

Hi all,

I have changed esd to use a decent resampler. Currently (esound-0.2.29)
it uses nearest neighbor which is the reason for the bad sound quality
when using it with gnomemeeting. Now there is a sinc filter and I cannot
hear any sound artifacts. If somebody would like to try this and compare
without esd (i.e. the soundcard directly samples @8kHz, which mine
cannot), I would like to hear about that.

You'd need a gnomemeeting which does not switch off esd unconditionally
(cvs i think), pwlib with esd support compiled in, and the new esound at

http://qft.physik.hu-berlin.de/volker/computing/esound/

Best regards,
Volker