[GnomeMeeting-list] conflict between notification-area and gnomemeeting

I am running gnomemeeting 0.98.5 and ximian xd2.  I recently did a
ungrade of xd2 and now I have problems when I log in.

It would appear there is a conflict between gnomemeeting and the
notification-area.  On startup the notification area applet uses 100% of
cpu.  If I kill it and restart it it drops down to 0%.  If I let it run
but don't start gnomemeeting it also stays down load.

If I kill the notification-area-applet and restart it before
gnomemeeting has fully started I see that it still uses 100%, until I
kill it again, wait for gnomemeeting to fully start, and restart the
notification-area-applet again.