Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] video bandwidth control problems

fre, 12.12.2003 kl. 14.32 skrev Craig Southeren:

> 	http://www.postincrement.com/openh323/bandwidth.html
>
> This shows that a 8k Speex codec with one frame per packet uses 24kbps.
> I do not like to disagree with Damien, but it should be possible
> to get *some* video with 32kbps :)

 Is it possible?  Yes.  Is it worthwhile?  Probably not.

To get better throughput, you have to lump several frames into
each UDP datagram.  This increases latency.  Even if you do that
you'll get a lousy picture and a framerate of 1 fps or less.

 Is a crappy "slide show" picture worthwhile, if it makes the
sound noticably more lagging and choppy?

--
 Herman Robak