Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] video failure with ovfx2

Le lun 25/08/2003 à 15:24, Dan Egnor a écrit :
> Are you saying it's a driver issue that SetFrameSize() returns FALSE?

No, I never said that. I said the current code was a problem with
drivers not supporting QCIF or CIF. But the current philips driver is
for example buggy, because it rejects the colour format if the size has
not been specified yet because it defaults to open in big.

> I don't think so -- drivers are not mandated to support any particular
> frame size, right?  That's why SetFrameSizeConverter() does all the
> work to find the closest size and set up a cropping function and so on.
>
> Seems to me like no one order is correct -- all the parameters ought
> to be initialized at once, or something.  Maybe we could change pwlib
> to return a better error message from OpenFull(), and then that could
> be used?

That would be better indeed.