[GnomeMeeting-list] 1.00 Development Snapshot News #1

Hello to all testers and GnomeMeeting fans,

I decided to regularly mail news about the development of GnomeMeeting
and more particularly while being on the road for 1.00.

Those mails will be regular, if you are not interested in such mails and
think they should belong to the devel mailing list only, please tell us.

Here are the improvements in the CVS:
- PWLib now has a plugins system thanks to Julien (aka Snark). AVC and
DC Firewire support are now plugins that you can download and install
only if you need them. The user-visible changes are that devices are now
identified by their name in GnomeMeeting, but also that you don't need
to recompile anything for Firewire support, installing a plugin is
enough.

- GnomeMeeting had an ILS partial rewrite. Boring ILS status messages do
not appear anymore in the statusbar, only errors appear in popups, and
there is one thread less. The sflags attribute is now used for
invisibility.

- I removed the "bilinear filtering" setting and set it to FALSE as it
was using much CPU. That setting is still accessible through gconf, but
not anymore in the GUI.

- I added a setting to permit windows displaying video to stay on top of
other windows. Useful if you are using video in popups and want to let
them above your browser window to be able to surf while talking. They
also present the name of the displayed user in their title. The popups
do not have anymore a gray border around the video, and they are not
resizeable anymore, but you can tweak their size in gconf. The default
size is always QCIF. A menu will be added later to be able to zoom in
and out.

You are encouraged to use the snapshots available on
snapshots.seconix.com and to test them.
--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>