Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Compile -> fux0red sound; MS-GSM -> fux0red sound

Hi,

> I have a strange problem, when I compile something (gcc on Gentoo), the
> sound gets very fux0rized (hashed, metallic ...) if I have a
> Gnomemeeting conversation going on. Really annoying. I tried enableing
> unmask IRQ and DMA on my HD, doesn't make a difference.

well, that's a hardware problem with your soundcard being on-board or
somewhat faulty catching static noise. there might also be an issue with
frequency loops if your wiring isn't done properly..

> Also, sound quality using MS-GSM with a NetMeeting user (using the DLL
> on the Windows side I found somewhere) results in very poor sound.
check the Speex/NM as soon as we have an openh323 patch to make a gm
recognize it properly. the MS-GSM is the best there is for now.
(speaking of GM-NM conversation) and using reasonable bandwidth.. G.711
will need almost LAN-speed or a huge broadband for only the audio part.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian