Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] philips camera ..

--- o Snoopy <o_snoopy hotmail com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just installed the MAndrake 9.1. I have a philips camera i can't use with
> gnomemeeting.
>
> The problem is a known problem but i can't find the solution ..
> At the initialisation of the web cam, i have the error message about the
> YUV420P problem ....
>
> must i modify source code of gnomemeeting ?
>
> Excuse me in advance if the solution already been sended
> and thanks for answers.
>
> Great regards
>
> Olivier

  Just go here as Damien pointed out
<http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/release.html#pwcx> and install it per the
instructions in the extracted directory of the tarball. It'll tell you where to
place the pwcx-i386 file in your system. Once you have it where it belongs, I
open a console, su to root, and type:

 insmod -f pwcx-i386

This will force the module into the kernel (don't worry if it complains with
something like 'will taint the kernel', so long as you *also* see 'module
forced' you'll be good to go). This latest upgrade 0.26.2 (IIRR), fixes the YUV
thing.

  John