Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Question GM 0.93.1 <=> Gatekeeper <=> netmeeting 3.01 or via LDAP/ILS

le sam 14-09-2002 à 06:07, Will Merkens a écrit :

> Now using LDAP/ILS system, when the GM try's  to connect to the NM it
> says it contects, but imediately discounted thinking the call was
done,

Have you checked why? Have you checked that there was a common codec
like MS-GSM? (see FAQ: you have to install the MS-GSM codec on
Netmeeting side or some Netmeeting versions will have a problem for
example if the user disables the use of G.711).

> this was puzzling so I made the conections from NM to GM but could not
> connect due to GM having a internal ip in the directory so of course
NM
> could not connect.

There is a tweak for that too.
But if you are not using a solution like RSIP, or GNU GK, there is no
way to call an internal GnomeMeeting or an internal Netmeeting from the
internet.

> Ok, so I installed GNUgk  onto the box, got it running using the
> settings suggested from GM FAQ, the GM registered without a hitch, but
> had some issues with NM, it wanted to conect to 1719, instead of 1720,
> so I tweaked my firewall to include that port. Then NM registered no
> problem.
>
> When NM conects to GM seing the registered gatekeeper alias that GM
> registered with, the conection happens but the video from GM side
> appears frozen, and the NM show no remote video. If GM conects to NM
vi
> NM registered gatekeeper alias it conects and NM sees GM video feed
but
> GM only sees it's own video not NM video, in fact on the menu 'view'
> only local video is selectable, all other's are greyed out.
>
> Suggestions??

I think your firewall is still dropping packets.
GnomeMeeting will use UDP ports 5000-5003 for video+audio but the
gatekeeper will use other ports, Netmeeting too.
Imagine that Netmeeting is on the Internet, the GK on the firewall, and
GM on the LAN. 4 UDP connections will be done from Netmeeting to the GK.
Netmeeting is using random ports. So random ports for UDP will be opened
on the GK/firewall. Those random ports will have to be allowed.
GnomeMeeting is able to force Netmeeting to use ports 5000-5003. I think
the Gatekeeper is able to force teh use of given UDP ports too, but you
have to add an option (that is the RTPPortRange thing of the
GnomeMeeting FAQ).

If you allow all those ports and that it doesn't work yet, then you hit
a bug in the Gatekeeper.

--
Damien Sandras

GnomeMeeting - H.323 Video-Conferencing application -
  web:	http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
FOSDEM 2002  - Free Software and Open Source Developers Meeting -
  web:	http://www.fosdem.org/