Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting behind NAT

Le ven 11/10/2002 à 16:23, darren mail freebirdtech com a écrit :
> : )
>
> I installed opengk last night and was going to test tonight.
>
> What are the advantages of running a gatekeeper?  And, is it still a
> prefered method for NAT?
>
> Thanks,

When you are using a gatekeeper, it introduces delay, and others have to
register to your gatekeeper to be able to call you. With this new
method, everything is *transparent* as if there was no NAT. Just a bit
of port forwarding is enough.

It is now the prefered method. The 3 old methods will remain in the FAQ
for information, not more.
--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org