Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] video conferencing config ???

Le mer 13/11/2002 à 23:18, vincent blondel a écrit :
> Ok I am completely right with what you say but let's take a look to your
> example

[...]

> - you specify 1 ip adresse ( I have 15 users using webcams and / or audio )
> - for port 1720, you make dnat AND forward .... for what reason. Let's
> imagine I have three users using gnomeeting at the same time.
>   To which host do I have to redirect packets ???

You can use different ports than 1720. User x could listen on port
(1720+x). If you plan to use ILS as contact point for the users, just
know that a callto URL doesn't change with ports. I'm always reachable
using callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com whatever my port is.

> - same thing with ports 30000:30010. Even if I use different port on each
> workstation how, can I say in my iptables config, to redirect which port
>    to which host ???

Of course you can.

> and the same thing to the rest ???
>
> So I am sorry but I don't imagine how I can use your script in ma situation
> ???

I never said you had to use that script, I think that if you have 15
users a good gatekeeper might be the right solution (as described in the
FAQ, see also the limitations). Notice that using a gatekeeper doing
proxy will introduce small delays in the voice and the video because of
the proxying of the data.