Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] through NAT without _any_ forwarding - this seems to be possible!

le sam 09-11-2002 à 11:51, Rafa³ Kleger-Rudomin a écrit :
> Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> writes:
>

> > And you cannot really control who is starting the audio/video
> > connection. It doesn't depend of who is calling/called. That is
> > negotiated in the protocol.
>
> I was called couple of times by clients that are behind NAT, both GM and NM.
> In all cases in I got audio/video from them. Conclusion: when NM/GM
> client calls other GM client, they always negotiate that the caller initiates
> all connections.

[...]
I can assure you it is not the case.

> > I understand the admin doesn't want to make any effort to make NM work
> > from behind the firewall, because it would need to allow all imaginable
> > ports. They are all random in Netmeeting.
>
> I do not know what he want or not because he doesn't respond.
>
> I can see that you are not very enthousiastic about my idea ;)

Well, I'm not really enthousiastic to do it myself, because it is of no
use. It will only work from time to time, and not always.

> Is that because NM is the second endpoint? If it works, it is also
> solution for GM users.

I don't think it is a good solution, as there is no certitude it will
always work, even if you are called. Moreover, it is a hack for
misconfigured firewalls with Netmeeting behind. If you want to implement
it, then let's go, but I don't think it is very useful except in your
case where you will get 50% success.

> I want to simply try it. Tell me please, can I change this address
> from GM code, or do I have to hack openh323? Where should is start?

You have to hack first in openh323 (look how the current IP translation
is implemented), then you will have to hack in GnomeMeeting itself. It
is much work for a bad solution.