Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] System or X hanging with gnomemeeting 0.94-2

Le mer 06/11/2002 à 10:18, Maarten Stolte a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I've got a problem with gnomemeeting, it seems to hang my system. I use
> gm0.94-2, with Alsa on Redhat 8 and no video on my side.
> After a few minutes of useage, my X becomes unresponsive to either
> keyboard and mouse, and i have to reboot my system. It might be X, might
> be my whole system, didnt test that..
>
> Anyone have any pointers?
>
> regards,

Is the whole system frozen or only X?
A quick way to check that is to do a ssh on your computer.
Are you a new gnomemeeting user or did you already use it before?

Actually, the only way GnomeMeeting could freeze your system is by
crashing a driver in the kernel. If you have no video, and if you are
using ALSA, it is highly improbable. When does it happen? During calls?
--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org