Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Could not start listener thread

Le ven 24/05/2002 à 12:44, Graham Leggett a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I installed a new version of gnomemeeting for testing and got the
> message "Could not start the listener thread. You will not be able to
> receive incoming calls".
>
> Is this to do with trying to open a tcp listener below 1024?
> gnomemeeting is running as a normal user.

Yes, normal users can't open listening sockets below port 1024.

If you run it as root, it will work, provided that another process is
not already listening on this port (netstat -a will tell you).

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\		web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/