Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GNOMEMeeting complaining about GConf

Le mer 15/05/2002 à 08:33, Jacek Pliszka a écrit :
> On Wed, 15 May 2002, PUYDT Julien wrote:
>
> > Le 2002.05.15 02:14, Jacek Pliszka a écrit :
> > > "Please check your gconf settings and permissions, it seems that
> > > gconf is not properly setup on your system".
> >
> > Question 7.10 in the faq, if I remember well (www.gm.org seems down at
> > the moment)...
>
> 7.11
>
> Thanks for reply. I will try it. But the whole error string should be
> added to the FAQ - folks using google for the search miss the FAQ.
>
> BR,
>
> Jacek

There are a lot of possibilities for this error. I have some time, I
will thus reexplain what can happen with GConf.

GnomeMeeting at startup checks that the GConf schema for GnomeMeeting is
correctly installed. To do that, it queries gconf to get the key
"/apps/gnomemeeting/general/gconf_test" . That should return the build
date of GnomeMeeting. If it doesn't, then it means that either the gconf
schema is not installed, either it is an old schema with a build date
date that doesn't correspond to this version of GnomeMeeting.

You can test the gconf_test key using :
gconftool --get "/apps/gnomemeeting/general/gconf_test"
That must return the current BUILD date.

If it doesn't work :
- Perhaps that the permissions are not correct : try chmod -R 4755
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults
- Perhaps that the schema is not installed : "make install-schemas"
should install it and setup the defaults.

Options to install gconf from and to different places are available
through the use of ./configure --help .
 --with-gconf-source=sourceaddress      Config database for installing
schema files.
  --with-gconf-schema-file-dir=dir        Directory for installing
schema files.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\		web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/