Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] (no subject)

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 22:52, Damien Sandras wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 22:27, neil smith wrote:
> > Hi -
> >
> > Yep, cause I wondered about the implications - I guess users would have to
> > supply a mime-type to the browser to handle this as a url?
> >

> Gnome can cope with this through the use of gnome-vfs I think.
> That way, GM installs the new mime type and all gnome apps can use it!
>
> :)
>
> > My main interest is providing for dial-up users (with dynamic IP
> > addresses), but I hope you might also be able to consider non-numeric

One thing that could make things easier for a dial-up or any user with
DHCP addressing is to use a dynamic DNS service, such as cjb.  I update
my domain all the time with cjb and my mom always knows what my address
is, myname.cjb.net as it's much easier to remember than a constantly
changing string of words.