Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Static

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 11:28, Kilian Krause wrote:
> Hi Janne,
>
> thanks for your support.. but i still see the problem of gconf, etc. do
> you have any idea of how to get around that? and any practical
> experiences of getting binaries static?

The GConf part is harder.
Unless you back to an earlier version of GM that didn't use GConf, you
are going to need to build GConf.

If you have static libraries, try to tweak the configure script to
use static libs instead of dynamic. This is easier on libtooled projects
which contain a "--disable-shared" option, but since I haven't built GM
myself, I can't tell you if it is using libtool.

Adding -Bstatic to gcc options might make it work?

A drastic measure would be to install a parallell machine wherer you
remove most/all shared libs that appear in the output from "ldd GM"
except libc/libm and so on, and then build. The build system picks
static libs if the shared ones aren't there.
(DONT TRY THIS AT HOME =)
Another way would be to relocate static libs to a fresh directory, try
to convince the GM configure script that CC is "cc -no-std-libs" and add
lots of magic to the configure/Makefile to have it look only in your
designated lib-directory with the static ones there.

--
Janne Johansson
jan johansson biomatsys com