Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] still startup stuff

morten wrote:
hi again
I upgraded to gnomemeeting 0.85 on both computers, but the problem is still
basicly that connections are shady.

The sound cards:
It was suggested that I might be listening to interference instead of what the
real signal from the microphones. But I have checked and it is the real signal
I get.

1) check the history to see if you are transmitting or not

looking at "history" I get "call completed" less than a second after opening
the connection

I initiate:
18:10:03 :  Call 1: calling 192.168.1.15
18:10:15 :  Started New Logical Channel...
18:10:15 :  Sending MS-GSM{sw}
18:10:15 :  Enabled silence detection for MS-GSM{sw}
18:10:16 :  Fast start enabled
18:10:16 :  H.245 Tunnelling enabled
18:10:16 : Connected with morten [192.168.1.15] using gnomemeeting 0.85.1 9:0:61
18:10:16 :  Call completed

"the other guy" initiates.
18:40:24 :  Call from morten [192.168.1.15]
18:40:30 :  Started New Logical Channel...
18:40:30 :  Sending MS-GSM{sw}
18:40:30 :  Enabled silence detection for MS-GSM{sw}
18:40:30 :  Fast start enabled
18:40:30 :  H.245 Tunnelling enabled
18:40:30 : Connected with morten [192.168.1.15] using gnomemeeting 0.85.1 9:0:61
18:40:30 :  Answering incoming call
18:40:30 :  Started New Logical Channel...
18:40:30 :  Receiving GSM-06.10{sw}
--> here I terminate because I don't hear anything.
18:41:10 :  Stopping current call
18:41:11 :  Call completed

The other end still didn't know I ended the connection 10 minutes earlier.

In both ends, we use GSM-06.10{sw} so that shouldn't be the problem. I've seen
that you may have trouble getting through a firewall, but I'm a LAN so that is
not it either.

I have also noticed that I don't get the ringing sound whenever someone tries
to initiate a connection.

It was also suggested that I should check whether anything was transmitted or
not. Where do I do that? is there some kind of transmit status, except by using
the -d option which generates a couple of thousand lines per connection
attempt.
I have also tried using windows netmeeting. I installed the GSM from the
gnomemeeting site, but it appears that I still connect to netmeeting using
G.711 (which is not installed as codec in netmeeting - according to the codec
list).

2) check the cat /dev/dsp > /dev/dsp trick

I get "device busy"
I have the impression that I miss something fundamental. Enlighten me please.
mo
E-Mail: morten <mobo mobo dk>
Date: 18-Mar-2002
Time: 16:04:52