Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width 147 and height -3

I'am sorry I dont know how I can do an backtrace. I use gnome for my first time -:) This morning I remove gnommeeting complet and get a new one with: cvs -z3 checkout gnomemeeting

Then I run a:
./autogen.sh --with-ptlib-includes=$PWLIBDIR/include/ptlib --with-ptlib-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-openh323-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-openh323-includes=$OPENH323DIR/include --with-openssl-includes=/usr/include/openssl --bindir=/usr/local/bin

The program answers:
================ Final configuration ===================
Installing into prefix: /usr/local

OpenSSL Include Directory is : /usr/include/openssl
OpenSSL Libraries Directory is : /usr/lib
OpenH323 Include Directory is : /home/fuder/software/gnomemeeting/openh323/include
OpenH323 Libraries Directory is : /usr/local/lib
PTLIB Include Directory is : /home/fuder/software/gnomemeeting/pwlib/include/ptlib
PTLIB Libraries Directory is : /usr/local/lib
LDAP Directory is : /usr
OS Type : linux
Machine Type : i686-suse-linux

If all settings are OK, type make and make install

I think this is fine so. Then I run make and make install (as root). there is a littel problem: The program want to use: gconftool and this is not in gnome2 I guess. gnome2 has a gconftool-2 but I hope this is not a problem. I set the path to the old gconftool and the program run fine.

The I try a: gnomemeeting -d
I got the following messages and thats all, no window gos up, yesterday I was more sucesfull it runs the main window.

./gnomemeeting -d
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 44.1Khz, stereo, 16bit failed
Trying 44.1Khz, 8bit stereo.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 44.1Khz, stereo, 8bit failed
Trying 48Khz, 16bit stereo.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 44.1Khz, stereo, 8bit failed
Trying 22.05Khz, 8bit stereo.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 22.05Khz, stereo, 8bit failed
Trying 44.1Khz, 16bit mono.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 44.1Khz, mono, 8bit failed
Trying 22.05Khz, 8bit mono.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 22.05Khz, mono, 8bit failed
Trying 11.025Khz, 8bit stereo.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 11.025Khz, stereo, 8bit failed
Trying 11.025Khz, 8bit mono.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 11.025Khz, mono, 8bit failed
Trying 8.192Khz, 8bit mono.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 8.192Khz, mono, 8bit failed
Trying 8Khz, 8bit mono.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Sound device inadequate for Esound. Fatal.

Damien Sandras wrote:

Can you try to provide the backtrace?

That warning can't cause a core dump. The problem is elsewhere.
If you are using Gnome CVS, I had a problem with GTK+ recently, try to upgrade
it.