[GnomeMeeting-list] Mutualphone just release a new P2P IP telephone service. it make modem as a VOIP gateway.

Hi,

 Before Mutualphone launched, no one cared about whether the modem had speakerphone function, because Modem was only a device for dialup and its speakerphone function was never used. Now with Mutualphone which digs up modem's speakerphone function, a US$20 speakerphone modem can works as a US$300 LineJack .

How a Modem works as VOIP gateway:

For example, a PC2Phone can be made as following:

1. firstly one computer make a PC2PC connection by broadband connection  to the gateway computer which has a speakerphone.

2  the gateway computer( with a speakerphone ) dial out from the speakerphone modem to a regular telephone and make up a voice connection.

3.the output from gateway computer's sound card is sent to the microphone input of the speakerphone modem, this is one direction of the voice stream( from computer to telephone)

4.the speaker output of the modem is connected to the input of the sound card. this is another direction of the voice steam. (from telephone to computer)

5 now the full-duplex connection is setup and the pc2phone call get through.

http://www.mutualphone.com for detail.

This is the cheapest gateway everyone can get now. I have received many comments that say this will not work.( I think they comment without  a try or even  a look.)

Everyone who has tried it is amazed.   we and our friends have make thousands of calls by the modem gateway we have setup.

My mutualphone number is 1234618. I will be very happy if you can try on my modem gateway. And I will be happy to explain any puzzle about this amazing cheap gateway.

Any comment is highly appreciated.

Sincerely

jeff

U&M network