Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: audio - fragment size mismatch

Le sam 22/06/2002 à 22:56, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> le sam 22-06-2002 à 21:58, Christian Lambert a écrit :
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I investigated more on this issue with the 4front OSS folks, and
> > they found a programming error for OSS in the pwlib oss.cxx module:
> >

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your feedback,
>
> I will forward this mail to Equivalence, the company who created PWLib.
> Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I got the answer of Equivalence about the OSS bug:
Thanks again to them for their answers despite their high load of work.

---
> I investigated more on this issue with the 4front OSS folks, and
> they found a programming error for OSS in the pwlib oss.cxx module:
>
> The Envy24 card uses fixed fragment size so applications cannot change
it.
> This may cause problems with applications that try to do something
stupid.

> The message about "fragment size mismatch" is related with this.
However
> the main reason is that the application doesn't make certain ioctl()
calls
> in right order. As documented in our Programmer's Guide the
application
> should set the number of channels, # of bits and sampling rate before
> calling SNDCTL_DSP_GETBLKSIZE or SNDCTL_DSP_GET[IO]SPACE.
>
> The application has two errors (at least):
>
> 1) It must in not call SNDCTL_DSP_RESET after opening the device.

This makes no sense. How can you make the ioctl() without the device
being open? I think there is a terminology problem here.

When DO you call SNDCTL_DSP_RESET then?

> 2) It calls SNDCTL_DSP_GETOSPACE and SNDCTL_DSP_GETISPACE before
setting
> the sampling parameters.

Fair enough and I have now changed it in the latest CVS.

However, this is informational only and I fail to see why it would cause
an operational problem.

Robert Jongbloed                        Equivalence Pty. Ltd.
---

--
 _	Damien Sandras
(o-	GnomeMeeting - H.323 Videoconferencing Application -