[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: QuickCam test

le ven 04-01-2002 à 02:57, vecchiorio tiscalinet it a écrit :
> Hi friend,
>
> i'm testing gnomemeeting 0.12.2 over Slack 8.0 and 2.4.12 Kernel,
> but i have found problem with Quickcam Express.
> I have downloaded 2 drivers, are: qce-ga-0.40b.tar.gz from
> sourceforge.net and quickcam-0.23.tgz from private developer's
> site, but first does't install and not work, other install and
> works only over his apposite application.
> Have you got a solution for me?
> The second driver create a /dev/quick and i've set this in setting
> menu from Gnomemeeting, but i receive a error message and default
> screen view.
>
> tnx for your help.
>
> Bye Vitto

I don't think that having /dev/quick as device is correct. You should
have /dev/videoX.
Try to make it work with xawtv first.
If somebody here on the mailing list (gnomemeeting-list gnome org) has a
quickcam express, he will surely help you to make it work.
--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\		web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/