Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gconf ??? whats up

The FAQ still needs to be updated about gconf. But you can perhaps find
an answer in the Galeon FAQ :

------
When I run Galeon I get a message about GConf not being configured
properly. How can I configure GConf?

Edit the "path" file in the directory $sysconfdir/gconf/1.

A basic configuration for the default backend would look like:

xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory
include "$(HOME)/.gconf.path"
xml:readwrite:$(HOME)/.gconf
xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults

You can also take a look at $sysconfdir/gconf/1/path.example and in most
cases you can simply move it to $sysconfdir/gconf/1/path. Be sure that
the path file can be read by all users.

Ensure you have a $sysconfdir/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults dir set up with
the right permissions. In most cases you can run:

chmod -R 755 $sysconfdir/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults

WARNING: The GConf deamon makes heavy use of a cache so when changing
your setup you will probably need to restart it.

Be sure you have no applications depending on gconf running and then
run:

gconftool --shutdown

GConf will then restart when it is required.
---------

Things that you can check :
Is gnomemeeting.schema in /etc/gconf/schemas/ ?