Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Logitech  QuickCam Express

> From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
> Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 12:52:32 +0100

> On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 12:35:53AM +0100, Antonio-Blasco Bonito wrote:
>>
>> I cannot get video picture with my QuickCam Express. Gnomeeeting says
>> 00:30:11 :  Opening Video device
>> 00:30:11 :  Aperta con successo la periferica video /dev/video0,
canale
>> 0
>> But I get only a black window and /var/log/messages says
>> Feb  2 00:30:11 yoga kernel: quickcam: warning -> frame overflow
(123) > Try to know what that message means, and we will perhaps be able
to see
> what is wrong in pwlib for that webcam.
> My first suggestion would be to limit the frame rate in GnomeMeeting.

The frame overflow kernel message is not relevant, I get the same with
xawtv, I discovered..

But I found where the problem was... ;-)
The window size default was small and I had poor illumination. It looks
like, with small window, what gnomeeting grabs of the picture from my
camera is just the upper right portion, which was indeed dark, darkened.

I don't know why but to get my face in the small window I have to slide
myself on the right of the camera... but the picture anyway is dark.

If I choose large window the picture is OK: centered and bright.

Thanks anyway.

--
Antonio-Blasco Bonito                  Antonio-Blasco Bonito rodinet com
Network Architect                                          ICQ: 13391147