[GnomeMeeting-list] ALSA Screwed up every thing

Hi,
I am new to linux .
I tried to install Alsa drivers for Gnome meeting to
work
and it screwed up every thing.

I have an on board VIA AC'97 sound chip and also
a SB Live! card.

I use the SB Live card for sound with OSS drivers.
(though i haven't explicitly disabled the onboard via
chip in bios)

Ever since I have installed ALSA drivers , every thing
is screwed up.
I compiled the alsa with emu10k1 driver, which is for
SB Live!
I followed the instructions as given in the INSTALL
file.
I have edited the /etc/modules.conf , created the
proper aliases.
but now my sound card is recognised as a CirusLogic
sound card. ?????
The kmixer, gnomemixer both say my sound card is
Cirus Logic , (What is happening ?)

Also when the modules are loaded i get a IRQ conflict
between IR 5 and IR 10.
Also i get sound-slot-1 not found. Although i just
want the SB Live to work.

How can i make this correct.

Please Please HELP
thanks