Re: Re:[GnomeMeeting-list] GM 0.94 firewall security issues..

Le lun 23/12/2002 à 23:26, AG a écrit :

> AG> IIRC, The old Netmeeting pkg req'd all clients to log into a central
> AG> ULS. Does GM/ILS also work in this manner? If so, I would rather set up

Yes, but it is not required, that is an option.

> AG> my firewall rules to allow traffic from this IP address only.
> AG> For instance, I would simply use the IP address for ils.seconix.com and
> AG> only allow traffic originating from this domain.

Even if somebody is registered on ILS, he will always call you with his
own IP and not the ILS IP.

> AG> I'm using IP chains and I typically deny all traffic that I've not
> AG> explicitly added to my rules. Hopefully, my statement above will help
> AG> clarify my intentions. I do not simply wish to open my LAN to the world.

Only allowing a given IP range to call you using ipchains, is (nearly)
like only allowing a given IP range to answer to your http requests.

--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>