Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problem under FreeBSD 4.7

Hi there

Can you try someting for me on your FreeBSD box.

1) built the ohphone application from the Ports tree
(or compile from source if you want)

2) make a call from ohphone with the -t option
This enables tracing.
eg ohphone -n -t remote.server.name

The trace lots are printed on screen. See if there is a line which says
 codec.cxx (nnn) Codec  Read truncated frame of raw data. Wanted xxx and got
yyy

If you see this error message (like I do) then it is showing up a bug in the
audio drivers.
If you do get this, I can chat to Cameron and Orion (the sound driver
developers)#
and try and get a fix.
I've also got a fix for the pwlib library which works around this kernel
bug.

Roger
--
Roger Hardiman