Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Two things

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, Artur Flinta wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:04:47 +0200 (MEST)
>
> Well, but what about applet? It is only gnome specific, Docklet is only
> substitution for it, works under KDE and (probably will be) Gnome 2.2,
> but Applet is native for gnome.

The Gnome people decided that applets were not appropriated for
applications like GnomeMeeting. Applets should only be for things like
mailcheck; weather, CPU usage and so on, but not to indicate status of
applications like GnomeMeeting or GnomeICU. I'm not against the fact to
code again the applet. In GnomeMeeting 0.9 we had an applet that i had
coded, but it would mean for me to drop docklet support, and KDE users
wouldn't be very happy ;)

Damien