[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: GnomeMeeting: Props, GARNOME for Gnome2 libs

Le lun 12/08/2002 à 01:48, Brian Teague a écrit :
> Damien -
>
> Firstly, my thanks for an excellent videoconferencing program.  I'm
> grateful that I don't have to switch to Windows and use Netmeeting anymore.

Thanks :-)

> Secondly, I just thought I'd note that there's an easier way to get the
> required Gnome2 libraries than doing a full Gnome2 installation:
> GARNOME (http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/).  No need for the entire
> Gnome2 meta-distribution; simply unpacking and building libgnome and
> libgnomeui takes care of all of the dependencies (ORBit, Bonobo, GTK+ 2,
> etc); then you can build GnomeMeeting and install it into the GARNOME
> target directory.  Total install size is about 80 Mb, about 1/3 of an
> entire Gnome2 distribution.
>
> Just thought you might want to note this on the webpage or FAQ; it's a
> lot easier than trying to take care of dependencies for a package-based
> distribution, unless you're using something like Ximian Red Carpet.

Thanks for the idea! I'll add it to the FAQ as it is true it is an easy
idea. There were plans a few weeks ago to include GM directly into
Garnome, but I don't know if it will finally be done or not. Perhaps
Jeff can tell us more about it.

Thanks for the mail :)

> Regards,
> Brian Teague
> (another happy GnomeMeeting user)
(o-     GnomeMeeting - H.323 Videoconferencing Application -
//\              web - http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_     H.323 phone - callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com