Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] quiet audio

It is distribution dependant, but on my system, there is a script at
startup that loads the ALSA modules and restores the mixer settings.

The program called by the script to restore the mixer settings is
alsactl, and it saves mixer settings in /etc/asound.state

Just shutdown alsa, edit asound.state, find the line for the mic boost
and enable it, then do alsactl -f /etc/asound.state, and restart it.
It should work.