Re: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problem with gconf

Le lun 15/04/2002 à 17:28, Fabrizio Regalli a écrit :
> Hello Micheal
>
> I have /root/.gconf/schemas and /root/.gconfd too (without use your options
> in ./configure) I try to chmod to /root/.gconfd and /root/.gconf/schemas
> also (chmod 777 -R /root/.gconf/schemas) but the problem exist.
>
> Do you have another idea?

A good idea is to browse the archive.
For example, did you try :

* ls -l /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/apps/gnomemeeting/

This directory must contains all the defaults for GM

* ls -l /etc/gconf/schemas/

this directory must contain the gnomemeeting schema.

* What is the result of gconftool --get
"/apps/gnomemeeting/general/gconf_test" ?
it should return the Build date and time

* Have you read the galeon FAQ about gconf problems?
http://galeon.sourceforge.net/support/answers.php?faq=gconf

* Have you tried chmod -R 4755 /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults

You have 3 possibilities :
a) Bad permissions (normal user can't do "ls -l
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/apps/gnomemeeting/")

Fix it with chmod -R 4755 /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults

b) Schema not correctly installed ("ls -l
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/apps/gnomemeeting/" returns an empty or
not-existant directory)

Fix it with make install-schema from the source directory of GM.

c) GConf broken

Fix it.

Does it work now?
Are you in case a), b) or c)?