Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]Still problems with sound

le dim 28-10-2001 à 18:43, scz pdx edu a écrit :

> I installed all the modules then started Gnomemeeting and still do not have
> /dev/dsp2 in my list (2 because I have an sblive which uses 0 and 1) the only
> option that is in my list is /dev/dsp or loopback I wrote in /dev/dsp2 and still no luck. However like I said before I am able to record and listen to what I recorded with recorder -d /dev/dsp2 without any problems at all...

I understand the problem.
In fact, you are using the old version of pwlib.
The pwlib version that is found on gnomemeeting.org is now outdated (yes
in one month).

Here is what happens :
There is a function in pwlib that returns an array with available
devices, but it did not work and always returns /dev/dsp and /dev/dsp1.
If you manually enter a device, it will not have any effect.

In the newest version of pwlib, a gnomemeeting developer (Miguel
Rodriguez) worked on a new implementation of the detection code, code
that was still modified by Equivalence.

It means that you will have :
* either to compile the all thing
* either wait for new packages that will be released in a few weeks
together with GnomeMeeting 0.11
* either ask to Santiago (manty manty net) to build new debian packages
including these new changes.

Santiago, there is work for you :-)

Damien